Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You can't miss: Colour Lovers and Sports Illustrated


Color Trends: So looking back on past entries from colourlovers' blog, I found this post about the color scheme of Marie Antoinette. I started looking around the actual colorlovers site, and found that they had the color themes and schemes for many different categories of wonderful things. Like websites. I picked a few that I actually use or visit. (Icluding YouTube and facebook below)



I thought the idea was really interesting. It is similar to when I hunt down a font that is the exact font an ad or movie poster or magazine uses. This is much easier though because it basically gives you the call numbers for the colors you may want to match.

Sports Illustrated:
I was actually in another class when my teacher presented this video to us. (It's about 3 minutes, and you don't have to watch the entire thing.)
It made me think about all the discussions I have had in classes about interactive media. Even for this class we will be designing some things for the web. It's all very fascinating. The possibilities are almost endless. (Literally. Today we watched another video about the future of interactive technology. Only I am lying because this isn't the real video we watched in class; it is just the one I could find.) I think designing for these new mediums is exciting, but I know it will be challenging for me. Things look a lot different online - they should (and they kind of have to). But SI clearly did a lot of thinking about what interests their readers and how they will want to interact with their media. For our projects (and for Vox), I think those are two important things we will have to keep in mind.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your blog title -- very creative! Also, your talk of trending colors reminded me of the part in the Devil Wear's Prada where Miranda is talking to Andi about cerulean blue -- how it starts with the major fashion designers and works it's way down to the low-end stores. Great choice -- very insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of being able to look up a color palette! Totally going to use that, and it's so helpful. It's amazing how many shades of one color there are, and sometimes it can be hell just trying to find the perfect pink... Haha.

    ReplyDelete