Thursday, May 5, 2011

Critique: Murder Covers

So, last week I created three murder covers. I wanted to focus on the things that came to my mind (and the minds of those I polled) when I thought about murder. I can't say that any were particularly imaginative because we all came up with similar ideas.

The ideas I executed included scene-of-the-crime themed elements such as evidence cards, a chalk outline and the morgue. (I may watch too much NCIS.) The feedback I was given was to combine several of my ideas, such as the words "murder," "mystery" and "mayhem" and the chalk outline that was so clearly inspired by "Anatomy of a Murder."

This is where I will post this combination. (As I am in the library and unable to connect to the server.)

1 comment:

  1. You had great ideas for your covers! They turned out great. And, of course, your "murder, mystery and mayhem" words were great as well, ha. I've enjoyed seeing your work throughout the semester. You're a great designer and illustrator! I know whatever job route you choose you will be wonderful at it.

    ReplyDelete