Thursday, May 5, 2011

Response: The last semester

This past semester has been incredible. I say that with every connotation of the word because I don't mean it to sound purely positive. There has been so much going on, and I have wanted to cry sometimes (usually in the design lab when I have whatever our version of writer's block is or when I go home at 3 a.m. and cannot fall asleep even though I have work in six hours). I have, however, really enjoyed getting to know our class. It is a shame that it took four years for many of us to get to know one another, but I am glad we eventually did.

I have been so inspired by the things our class has created. The competitions, while sometimes a nuisance, amazed me each time as we all created something different. I have learned a lot from many of you who have greater knowledge and experience than I do when it comes to design, technology and the like; and I appreciate your patience as I have asked so many questions throughout the semester.

I am leaving with a lot more than I had anticipated. (Firstly, let's not go there quite yet. I have a lot to do before next week.) These mini-portfolios might be my demise if I have to scramble to finish them, but I never imagined I would have enough to fill 40 pages. I have very little experience and less clips than many of you, but I will be happy to present my full booklet next week. Some of these pages make me feel very nostalgic for those late nights (well, early mornings...) in the design lab. Someone will have to commit to Skype-ing me at 1 a.m. for the first few weeks after graduation until I get a normal sleep pattern back.

Thanks for a great semester and for all of the things you have taught me! You are all super.

No comments:

Post a Comment