Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Critique: 20 SJI Logos

I found it extremely difficult to come up with 20 different ideas for this project. I am not really aware of the sports world. I did spend a lot of time looking at sports logos as recommended, but incorporating that into logos without being extremely selective (there isn't really a way to get all sports represented in one logo).

After the voting, I was somewhat surprised by some of the votes. Some people liked what I had created in minutes versus what I had spent an hour on. Though, understandably so - those were quicker reads, more simple designs that related the point of the organization more easily than some of the more complex concepts.

We got feedback that our logos didn't incorporate enough of the diversity factor. I think this is a fair point, so many of us were focused on just blending the sports and journalism aspects (which are hard enough to do without throwing women and minorities and diversity in the newsrooms into the mix).

For my redesigns, I will be focusing more on color choices. I think I am also going to experiment with adding the slogan(s). I think this will more effectively get the point of the organization across than many design changes that I could implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment