Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Can't Miss: Design*Sponge and Tea-shirts



















I am switching up the order here because these tea bags are just too darn cute! The idea behind this is just so cool. I can't help but admire the thought that went behind this and the eye rolls and the laughs that it must have received. But. Look. How. Awesome!

Reading some of the comments on the site, I can see that it is having mixed reviews for practicality. (Please, if you enjoy tea, read the rather long response about how much room is needed for the leaves to expand. (Oh, I imagined myself saying that in a posh British accent that you would clearly interpret as sarcasm.) It made me laugh.) For design, however, I give it an "A." I just can't get over how clever the packaging is - a closet for your tea!

String Theory (no, just kidding)


I don't even know if I can do justice to this one. A man used thousands of strings to create this amazing artwork. The effect that the lighting and color have is just so fascinating. I would have never guessed at what it was looking at it from far away. It looks like a special effects photo. While colourlovers featured this for obvious cool color-related reasons. The Design*Sponge covered this artist and his work on their blog. (Which is absolutely incredible - you should check it out!)




1 comment:

  1. These are both really great finds! The tea is great, but I'm sure it's overpriced, so I would assume I'm too cheap to ever buy it, lol. And the string theory art is spectacular. I love when designers appreciate fine art, and this is something really cool that I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete