Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Critique: Modern Midwest Redesign/Presentation

Modern Midwest redesign: Handout for Presentation
Apparently I missed some memo about what information should be included on this, but for the purposes of this entry I felt like this showed a decently-organized grouping of my designs.
(And... I misspelled the word "drunken," though you may be unable to tell. This just goes to show the importance of proofreading - especially for the sell lines. Yikes!)





























For my redesign, I tried to really focus on the feedback that I received from the group. I removed the cut out image to fully show the nameplate, which I reorganized so that the positioning looked more purposeful. (Basically, the words meet each other but do not overlap. I also moved the tag line to below the logo.) Other changes made include the sidebar becoming more user-friendly and inviting, the headline font changing for the department, the size of the department tag shrinking, the opacity of the white box on the feature being spike to increase readability and the caption intensity being brought down to a less frighteningly-bright-white color.

I also created folios (something I had forgotten in my previous draft) and reworked my color palette (to include a better combination of tones – I hope).
P.S. I stole that arrangement from Mary's first handout because I liked the way she used her accent color and organized her color blocks in her palette.



1 comment:

  1. I really like your color palette. It's got a broad range of colors, which are bright and attractive, but not overwhelming. Your nameplate feels a little thin to me, but I like the tone you set with the magazine.

    ReplyDelete