Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You Can't Miss: The Meaning of Color and "The Cutest Wedding Invitation"















The Meaning of Color:

David Benjamin Kopp blogged about color. He walks through how color can be scientifically dissected and identified by technicalities, but he also notes that science can't predict how people will react to color.

Color, Kopp says, triggers emotion. When choosing color we can choose what kind of feeling we want to evoke or communicate to our audience.

The Cutest Wedding Invitation:

While I had heard of StumbleUpon, I had never really used it. The other day I used it to look at design sites. I found a lot of really cool things like painted walls, art made out of the tape strips from VHS's and this: the cutest wedding invitation.

I love, love, love the typography on this. It seems like such a simple idea, but I am sure it took hours and hours to complete. Reading it is like an activity, and the thought process is absolutely adorable.


3 comments:

  1. That invitation is adorable and the typography is amazing. It's so incredibly simple, yet it works so well, even in all black type. It reminded me of a old-school diner menu. If only I was better at typography I could make a career out of being an invitation design. Obviously they hired somebody to put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! So cute! I want to do this for my (or a friend's) engagement. (I'm obvs. not engaged nor will be in the near future.) I think you should store this for a rainy day to give your inspiration in your own typographic adventures since you're so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this invitation idea! I am going to steal it. I love all of the different typefaces used throughout, it really gives it personality. Also, their story is kind of confusing, and this helps to map it out for everyone and make it easier for them to follow. The only concern I would have is that it's really long!

    ReplyDelete