Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You Can't Miss: Colour Lovers app and the sum

PhotoSchemer: palettes from photos

colourlovers app:
Colourlovers created an app. It is actually pretty nifty. It has a lot of interesting features that are offered online to be used on a whim. So, you are on a walk and take a pretty, scenic picture. Taking that photo into the colourlovers app, you can turn that into a color palette. Awesome, no?


the sum: they're good. just ask their moms.
A print and digital design team working on projects that span websites and brochures (I think I mentioned earlier this semester how cool it would be to design brochures) and the like, thesum.ca has a really neat online portfolio of recent designs. While their blog hasn' t been updated since December, its Q&A reveal a lot about the personality of the company.

There is an interesting variety of work that is highlighted on the site. From signs for wildlife parks and aquariums to logo development for Monstroyer Studios (quote: "the uglier, badder brother of the sum."), the designers have created insanely diverse products that show their skill and adaptability within mediums.

It was just a site linked from a former entry while I was looking around, and it was really fun to see what people are doing. You know, out there in the real world.


3 comments:

  1. Where is this amazing colour lovers app?! Is it under another name? I looked for it on my app store and I could not find it!! It sounds amazing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK seriously that colour lovers app is awesome. I want it. It's pretty fitting after we all had to create color palettes for our designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colourlovers app suggestion... I downloaded it right away! What a crazy good idea. It brings such an interesting new perspective into photography. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for possible color palettes when I'm just walking around campus so I can use my new app!

    ReplyDelete