Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Response: Department Design

I designed the BOB section on Sunday. After being walked through the process (which was super helpful), the designing didn't take very long. I really appreciated the organization of everything. There was a learning curve to figure out where exactly everything was and what resources were available, but everyone was very helpful and patient as I worked through the first page.

I would say the redesign took more time than my original design. Because the BOB section recently underwent some small changes, I had to reformat some of the content from the template to keep up with the new style.

Nothing I did for that page was very impressive, but I did get a brief overview on text-wrapping (something I had rarely used in the past). It was a great refresher. I am glad we will be using InDesign so much, so when I graduate, I won't have as much to catch up on. It will all be fresh.

1 comment:

  1. My turn to design the FOB is closely approaching and I have been slightly dreading it! Because we don't consistently design for Vox, the lack of practice made me feel like I would be lost in the class (again). Good to hear it's so not painful. Hopefully I can use the time to snatch some of those refreshers about the programs we're using, too. It would be great to consider the times we design for our departments as more of a chance to ask a few of those general questions I know I have frequently.

    ReplyDelete