Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Critique: Modern Midwest website wireframe

Ok, so I spent a lot of time working on this wireframe (as did Joe). Literally, hours of my life were dedicated to carefully constructing this –

Modern Midwest's home page (in theory):
























































And this (Nightlife page):
























































Truthfully, it was a lot of work. I spent a lot of time bringing in the elements that Michelle had created for us to use in print and working them for the page. Mainly our fonts and color palette was brought in. I also layered two bars from our magazine to create a divider at the top of the page.

Joe created the content on the main bar of the home page – the featured content viewer turned out great. He also created the tabs at the bottom of the page.

I made the template for the pages and put together the side bar content we were given after google-searching for images. I also googled all of the ads I placed.

My favorite part to design was the "subscribe here" ads. I made three versions that I placed throughout the pages.

Maybe someday I will place the "before" version of this site for comparison. Really, the basic frame we were given wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. All the pieces were there. Joe and I just had the task of making it look more visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment