Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Critique: Typography Assignment

My mom was really excited about this project. She went all around town with me to take pictures of different signs and kept thinking of more places. After 15 photos, I thought I had enough. I have 28.


The ones I used to create this sign (taken from West Park...) are from the high school, an auto shop, The Bar (literally, that is its name), a church sign, the fire department, and a vegetable stand (one of those signs with letter cards that change out).


I like the way the colors worked out, but I think in general this was a tough assignment because I feel like the letters don't really work together in the best way. It might have helped to have more recognizable typefaces. The "w" is used a lot in town, but I doubt a lot of people would be able to match the others to their signs.


1 comment:

  1. I really like how your typography turned out! It's neat how you made it into a sign. Very creative. I think the letters work well together.

    ReplyDelete