Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Response: Blog feedback

So, yesterday we discussed our blog designs and purpose. That was fun.

I agree with everyone who said they like the "You Can't Miss" entry. Some weeks, I have a hard time digging around the interwebs enough to find something cool. But, I always find something crazy awesome on everyone else's blog.

I think that these blogs are a great way to track our design projects and progress over time, but I also think that some of the portfolio websites that others have would function just the same. For now, blogging might be a way for me to push myself to keep up on projects because my plan is to go home for the summer. And, depending on the job market and what I end up doing, I can see myself directing potential employers to this blog to check out my work.

If that is going to happen, I would like to re-vamp my blog.

Some feedback about my blog:

Font - needs to be changed
(I am eventually going to join the group of people who have already or are planning to create a banner for the top.)

Color - too many colors of display type that doesn't really make sense
(I have no defense for this. I put something up for that first time and haven't touched anything since.)

Black boxes - can be distracting
(I actually don't know how to change this, I think it came with whichever template I chose. I understand that sometimes it doesn't look the greatest, but I think other times it helps - especially when there is no clear edge on a photo or a spread. This box can help define that.)

Photos - some are large enough, others need to be clickable to enlarge in a separate window
(Again, I am not entirely sure how to do this. So, I don't really know how this is supposed to work. I will try to figure it out.)

Name - should change if kept up after graduation so it doesn't directly relate to the magazine
(This will be an interesting process as I am not the best wordsmith. Any suggestions?)

Right now, my action plan is to make my blog look more intentionally designed. For the duration of this class, I am going to leave all my entries as they are. Afterwards, I will probably chop a lot of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment