Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Can't Miss: RGB Wallpaper and the Evolution of the Hipster























RGB Wallpaper:

I was looking through the archives of the colourlovers' blog and found this post about wallpaper. I don't know where in my life I would be able to hang this, but it would be pretty cool. It's pretty fascinating to see how different images are more prevalent with the different lighting. I would say that the combined effect is by far my favorite. (And regular lighting would be much easier on the eyes.)

The post also talks about wall art made available by the same process of overlapping three layers – one in red, one in green and one in blue (but you knew that). The art is based on playing cards, and there are several prints of the strange combinations created by mixing these colors.





























































Evolution of the Hipster:

Looking at the monsteractive blog, I found an entry about infographics. Having previously taken that course, my general interest was sparked, and I took a look at the collective list.

I pulled "The Evolution of the Hipster" for you all to look at. It was one of the more fun options and made me laugh. I love the pull outs with the arcs and the typography. It is really wonderful. I also love the staggered poses of the hipsters – it truly becomes an evolutionary set up.

At first this reminded me of the 30/30 story that we just designed, but somehow they manage to make this an infographic and not just a design spread – though I would have found this truly inspiring for that week. Love, love, love. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Hey you! I can't find a link for the evolution of the hipster! Can you add one please? It looks sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design! The cutouts and how they're lined up are great. I really like the pull outs and arcs as well. The spread is arranged very nicely. Good inspiration, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete